7 Questions with John Mierau:
1. What are your favorite and your least favorite words?
2. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, emotionally?
My kids, my wife, a creative challenge. Deadlines for my own work but not other people's.
3. Turns you off creatively, spiritually, emotionally?
Other people's deadlines when I'm not invested. Eating too much or not exercising enough. Meanness puts me out of tune too (my own or others).
4. What gets you up in the morning?
My kids! LOL 3 beautiful kids under 6.
5. What is the closest you have ever come to giving up your craft?
Needing to feed my kids. It makes it hard, but when cash is lean, to take time for my own pursuits. Some may say it's greedy but I always save a bit of myself for making things.
6. What is the most fun you have ever had?
Writing something that takes me out of my own head, or performing something where I forget about my thoughts and follow the thread of the fiction.
7. Assuming heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or Allah or Yahweh or Odin. Generally the Supreme Being of your choice.) say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
As an atheist my first thought would be: "Why did you make it so hard for people to believe in you? Why did you change the rules randomly so we couldn't prove your existence? We could use a reliable supreme being we could all get behind!" Which is probably why I write: to answer questions and actions that make no sense.
Brilliant! Want to talk to John yourself? You can find him at any of the following links:
Facebook: Facebook profile
Thanks again to John for taking the time to do this and thanks to you for reading!
Next time: Author Michele Shaw.