Friday, August 5, 2011

Caine Dorr

Caine Dorr is a writer and genre fan who enjoys the creative process. Illustrator, letterer, and colorist Caine also edits video and audio, mows the lawn and, as owner of a mid-sized pick-up, helps everyone he knows move. Caine's work has been featured at Jim Shelley's Flashback Universe and in the Zuda competition.
For  Zuda he created the Paladin Brigade, a private law enforcement firm offering tactical support, investigative services, fugitive retrieval/ apprehension services, and more for the world court.
Caine is currently developing a project featuring two characters from his Apollo City titled Apollo City: Midnight Talon & Raven Star as well as a pulp style adventure taking place in the fictional Serpent City. Will it be a comic? A podcast? An ebook? Stay tuned… 

Now, you're about to learn WHY things work on a Starship.

6 Questions with Caine Dorr:

1. What are your favorite and your least favorite words?

  "Favorite: Daddy, Inspiration, Word Count
Least Favorite: Writers Block, Delays, Busy Schedule"
 


2. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, emotionally?

  "Creatively: A great comic, movie, television show, book, or play. I come away thinking: I really like what they did there with the plot, or how they hid that from me until the end, or how they laid out that two page spread.  I'd like to use/modify that for my own purposes.  Come to think of it really bad productions tend to motivate me just as well. I come away thinking: man, I would have gone this way with that, what was missing was X, I could do that better." 


3. What profession other than yours would would you like to attempt?

  "Special Investigator to ___________ someone powerful (like a senator or the president) where its requires me to fly all over the country, and sometimes the world, looking into trouble." 


4. What decision in your career are you most thankful for?

  "Sticking to my guns and being true to my employees no matter what the corporation thinks about any particular item. I'm unemployed because of it, but I'm still thankful that I didn't sacrifice my ethics to save my job. Those who worked under me still look to me as honorable and that means something." 


5. What is the strangest thing you have ever done while writing, lettering, penciling etc?

  "Once while lettering a comic I was asked to assist in delivering six pterodactyls for a cooky paleontologist and his beautiful wife on the run from a major bio-engineering company. Yes, it was messy." 


6. Assuming heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or Allah or Yahweh or Odin. Generally the Supreme Being of your choice.) say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
  "It was close, we nearly sent you the other way, but hey at least you got some living in doing things that way.  So welcome."


Thanks Caine! Brilliant stuff as always! If you would like to know more about the works of Caine Dorr go here:
DEVIANT ART
TWITTER
FACE BOOK
FACE BOOK

And thanks to you for reading! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment