Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mara Marini


While actress, model and comedian Mara Marini hails from the great white north, she is now happy to call sunny California home. While there she has blazed inroads into the entertainment industry, landing roles in both television (most recently on the US series Parks and Rec on NBC and The Whole Truth on ABC) and movies (look for Mara in the upcoming features Alongside Night and King of the Road). She has filmed pilots for SpikeTV and the Oxygen Network and worked with the likes of Bryan Callen (from MadTV and The Hangover) and Hedda Muskat (Emmy winner for The Ellen Show).
 
An active member of The Road Theater she studied acting at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts (under the Princess Grace Scholarship), the York University in Toronto, and under many prestigious acting coaches. Last year she was cast in the world premiere of BITCH, by Susan Rubin, at The Bootleg Theatre and she he recently ended a fifteen week run of Bram Stoker’s DRACULA, directed by the critically-acclaimed director, Ken Sawyer, at The NoHo Theatre.

Now, what do you say Mr Anderson, would you like to learn some Kung-Fu?

6 Questions with Mara Marini:

1. What are your favorite and your least favorite words?

  "Favourite words: Bellagio (I just love the way it sounds), Mars & Love.
Least favourite: Late & Good-bye"



2. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, emotionally?

  "Creatively: talent, uniqueness, pushing the envelope, seeing people I admire doing amazing work
Spiritually: the ocean, calm/peace/silence, inspiration
Emotionally: sense of danger/risk, excitement, the need to care for something/someone"



3. What profession other than yours would you most like to attempt?

  "Well, I got accepted into the University of Hawaii for Marine Biology and the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. I've always been fascinated by the ocean and ocean life...so maybe something in that realm. (But nothing compares to the feeling I get when I'm working and on set). ☺"

4. What is the closest you have ever come to giving up your craft?

  "I can honestly say that giving up was never an option for me. My parents made me apply to more than once school (hence the Hawaii bit in the previous question). But I literally told my parents I was moving to Los Angeles to become an actress (back in Winnipeg, when I was four) as soon as I graduated high school and never really faltered from that vision."

5. What is the most fun you have ever had?

  "Working with Amy Poehler, Aziz Ansari, Jay Jackson and Dean Holland on Parks and Recreation. Hands down."

6. Assuming heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or Allah or Yahweh or Odin. Generally the Supreme Being of your choice.) say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

  "Good job. Level One passed. You did exactly what you were supposed to do. Now you are heading back down as a Princess. ☺"


One last thing I'd personally like to add to this. When I got the email from Mara with her answers this message was included at the bottom:

"Sent from my Game Boy Color"

Awesome. 
Thanks to Mara for taking the time to participate! I really appreciate it! If you'd like to know more about Mara Marini suf on over to:
or
And thanks to you for reading! I really hope you enjoyed it and check in again tomorrow for an interview with comic book artist and writer Ray Dillon!

Thanks again! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment