Saturday, August 6, 2011

Von Glitschka

Von is principal of Glitschka Studios and has worked in the communication arts industry for over 23 years. His work reflects the symbiotic relationship between design and illustration. This duality of skills within his own creative arsenal, inspired him to coin the phrase and title of “Illustrative Designer.”

In 2002, he founded Glitschka Studios, a multi-disciplinary creative firm. The studio shines as a hired creative gun for multi-national ad agencies, medium to large design firms, and in-house corporate art departments working on a diverse range of illustrative design projects across a broad range of genres.

So, who is this Superman?

6 Questions with Von Glitschka:

1. What are your favorite and your least favorite words?
  "Favorite word: Grace (Unmerited Favor)
Least favorite: Greed (You know like the CEO of GE etc.)

Hmmm, two "G" words. Interesting."


2. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, emotionally?

  "Creatively: Curiosity
Spiritually: Connecting the dots based on personal inspiration.
Emotionally: Compassion

OK, this is kind of strange. Now it's all "C" words?"


3. What turns you off creatively, spiritually, emotionally?

  "Creatively: Playing it safe. (Try new things and embrace failure.)
Spiritually: Playing it safe. (Resist complacency and be willing to admit you're wrong.)
Emotionally: Playing it safe. (Take risks, move out of comfort zones.)"


4. What decision in your career do you regret most?

  "I stayed at some jobs too long and wasted time doing things I didn't enjoy doing."

5. What is the strangest thing you have ever done while creating?

  "In the midst of ideation I think to myself "Try something you don't think you'll like." I did and half way through I still wasn't sure if I liked it but now that I'm done I love it. I could have easily just ignored that inner voice but sometimes it's good to move into new areas even though you're unsure most of the way while working on them. This is the creative fear you have to be willing to live with to increase your creative potential IMO."

6. Assuming heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or Allah or Yahweh or Odin. Generally the Supreme Being of your choice.) say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

  "God says to me "Thanks for not screwing up too much and soiling my brand equity." I smile and he continues "BTW, can you design me a logo?" LOL Seriously, "Well done thy good and faithful servant."

Awesome! Thank you Von for allowing me this little indulgence. You were a prince! If you'd like to know more about Von and his work surf over to http://www.vonglitschka.com

Thanks again for reading! I hope you enjoyed it and I'll see you next time for an interview with author Philippa Ballantine. See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment