Friday, December 21, 2012

L.M. Preston

L.M. Preston was born in Washington, DC.  She loved to create poetry and short-stories as a young girl.  A Techie and Educator for over sixteen years, she started writing science fiction under the encouragement of her husband who was a Sci-Fi buff and her four kids.  She has an obsessive desire to write and create stories of young people who overcome unbelievable odds.  She loves to write while on the porch watching her kids play or when she is traveling, which is another passion that encouraged her writing. In addition to being an author, she's also a Moderator for Yalitchat.ning.org, 2012 Vice President of Mid Atlantic Book Association and 2012 co-chair for the Maryland Writer's Conference.

(This bio is quoted verbatim from the author's website which can be found here.)


Now,

6 Questions with L.M. Preston:


1. What are your favorite and your least favorite words? 
Unfortunately my favorite word is 'snap' and I make sure to edit it out of my works :-D Oh and my least favorite is 'look' because as hard as I try that word sneaks its way into all of my first drafts.


2. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, emotionally? 
Traveling or the day dreaming I do at work when I have long boring meetings.


3. What profession other than yours would you most like to attempt? 
 If I could live my life over again I would've pursued medicine. I have an obsession with this show 'Mystery Diagnosis' and love people. Seems my day gig as an Engineer fuels my creativity, but it lacks in my extrovert tendencies.


4. What decision, professional or personal, are you most thankful for? 
My decision to live my bucket list to the fullest. Had I not been willing to take chances I wouldn't have become an author and have over four published books out. Writing has opened an entirely new world to me that includes meeting amazing people, having fun, and creating worlds I'd only daydreamed about.


5. What is the most fun you have ever had? 
Well I'm pretty much a fun-loving goofy kid trapped in an adult body. So the most fun I have is playing hiding seek with my kids and blasting them with nerf guns.


6. Assuming heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or Allah or Yahweh or Odin. Generally the Supreme Being of your choice.) say when you arrive at the pearly gates? 
Well done, my faithful servant. You have survived the many test, trails, and hurdles thrown at you, become stronger, surer in your strength, you have touched the heart of many, inspired the lives of many, and enjoyed this playground I've built for you.


Well done indeed. Thanks LM for taking the time to do this. You were gracious and patient and I truly appreciate it. Now, dear reader, do you want to know more about LM? Please visit any and all of these fine links:


Or, how about checking out some of the artist's work:

Want Excerpts?

Thanks again to L.M. Preston for doing this and thanks to you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment