Hip Hop artist Nina B is a native of New York. Born in the Bronx and raised in Brooklyn Nina recorded her first rhyme at six years old on her Playschool recorder. By 19, Nina had a growing inventory or rhymes and poetry, she had been offered (and declined) a major record deal, and was an active participant in Russell Simmons/Bruce Willis Art Start and Hip-Hop Project. There she met Amber Ravenel, CEO of Ravenel Records. In 2003, Nina B signed with Ravenel Records, becoming the first female artist on their roster.
1. What are your favorite and your least favorite sounds?
FAVORITES : SHINGLES/CHIMES, KICK, 808, MY OWN VOICE , OH AND I STILL ENJOY THE SOUND OF THE FINAL BELL WHENEVER IM @ A HIGHSCHOOL... :P
LEAST FAVORITES : PEOPLE BREATHING HEAVILY, CHEWING LOUDLY, PASSING GAS, OR NAME DROPPING :P
2. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, emotionally? (Answer all or only the ones you choose.)
MAJOR TURN ON!!!! OTHER CREATIVE ENERGIES ...
I CANT LIE IM DRAWN TO GENIUS!
I CANT SAY I HAVE SPIRITUAL " TURN ON'S "
BUT EMOTIONALLY - I REALLY ADMIRE IT WHEN A GUY CAN READ MY EMOTIONS I DONT COMPLAIN MUCH
I RATHER SURROUND MYSELF WITH PEOPLE WITH COMMON SENSE SO I CAN SAVE MY BREATH.
SO ADMIT WHEN YOUR WRONG AND NOT WHEN YOUR RIGHT , THATS KINDA SEXY...
3. What decision in your career are you most grateful for?
TEAMING UP WITH AMBER RAVENEL AND JOINING RAVENEL RECORDS :P
WWW.RAVENELRCORDS.COM ( SHAMELESS PLUG)
4. What is your principal defect, your biggest character flaw or personal weakness?
I AM SELFISH, I ALWAYS HAVE TO REMIND MYSELF THAT I MERELY CO EXIST !!!! AND THE WORLD DOESNT REVOLVE AROUND MY ISSUES OR ELSE IM IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING THIS I LEARNED THE HARD WAY :(
5. What is the most fun you have ever had?
YEAH RIGHT < LIKE IDE REMEMBER :P
BUT ON ANOTHER NOTE I HAD A LOT OF FUN DOING THE "GIMME A BREAK" SEGMENTS WITH ANGELA YEE
HERES A LINK ( ITS LIKE A 9 PART SERIES
6. Assuming heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or Allah or Yahweh or Odin. Generally the Supreme Being of your choice.) say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
" WHAT, SURPRISED ? HOW COULD I SEND YOU WHERE YOUVE ALREADY BEEN? WELCOME HOME MY CHILD "
Thanks Nina! If you'd like to learn more about Nina and her music you can follow her on Twitter find her at REVERBNATION, MySpace or, DjBooth
Until next time!